Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery In Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi India
Bariatric Surgery In Delhi, Obesity is no longer just a lifestyle or cosmetic condition. It is now globally recognized as a disease itself. It is a disease that not only predisposes individuals significantly to a range of other diseases (like Type II Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, COPD, sleep apnoea, acid reflux, gall stones, infertility, impotency, and many cancers amongst others), but also significantly reduces the life span of individuals suffering from it.
Get Opinion From Doctor
We are going through an obesity and diabetes pandemic, unprecedented in the history of the world. In most the western countries, between 50-80% of the population is either overweight or obese. India is already the diabetes capital of the world and the prevalence of obesity is rising very rapidly.
Surgery for obesity and metabolic conditions (like type 2 diabetes mellitus, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, etc.), also known as bariatric and metabolic surgery, has grown rapidly in most western countries over the last two decades as a safe and effective treatment for patients with severe obesity and/or uncontrolled diabetes mellitus. This type of surgery is performed laparoscopically or robotically using 5-6 small key-holes, which are hardly visible.
Hospital stay for most patients is between 48 -72 hours. It is extremely safe and high volume surgeons consistently report very low complication rates and close to zero mortality. Overall, bariatric (obesity) and metabolic surgery improves the quality of life of the patient, improves survival, and is very cost-effective (by allowing saving on future healthcare costs and increasing individual’s economic productivity).
Specialist: Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
Experience: 15+ years of experience
Hospital: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Aloy J. Mukherjee is currently associated as Senior Consultant, Bariatric Surgery, General & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery with Indraprastha Apollo, Delhi
- Dr. Aloy J. Mukherjee’s specialist in Laparoscopy, Obesity and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic in Indraprastha Apollo, Delhi
- Dr. Aloy J Mukherjee completed MBBS from Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, MS – General Surgery from Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati and MAMS from National Academy of Medical Sciences (India).
Get Opinion From Doctor
We offers these Services
- Providing a doctor’s opinion and proper quotation
- Selecting the best hospital and doctor as per your case
- Arranging a call with the doctor (if the case required)
- Visa assistance, Providing Visa Invitation Letter (VIL)
- Providing full guidance how to get Visa from your country
- Providing total cost including treatment, air tickets, accommodation, and food
- Assitance to book flight ticket from your country
- Arranging airport pick up/ drop
- Providing professional language interpreter
- Booking accommodation and guest house as per your budget/ prefrence
- Providing help in money exchanging
- Providing local sim card
- Arranging video consultation with specialist doctor if case requires